4.4 crank into rover block update

To: "buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net" <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 4.4 crank into rover block update
From: Jan Ben <ben@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:37:14 -0500
Hey guys.
Firstly, nice to see some great talent here - people who DIY a tubeframe
2100 dragster.
Verry impressed!!

I finally started the ball rolling on my 4.4 into bop/rov (let's call
'em borp, pronounced "burp"?).

I dropped the crank off to get ground on the mains and the rear seal.  I
will use rover 1-pc rear seal.
I'll adapt the Olds AT flexplate and use it to balance the assy.   If
I'll need to use the plate that's in the RR now I'll just rebalance that
to the olds plate.

Found 2 pistons that will work: 3.8lv6 Ford, CH about 1.47 flattop, for
9.5 CR w. 300 heads ($13 ea :),
and the 3.1 chebby v6, ch 1.44, 12CC head, for same CR w. rover head
($18ea), both std OEM-type Federal-Mogul, prob. hecho en Mexico.   The
chebby slug came w. some coating on the skirt - either ceramic or moly.
I like that.  It also had a really short skirt - I bet it'll work w.
your 350 crank, Greg - check it out!

CU
Jan