Re: newbie

To: buldogge@inlink.com (Mark Andrews)
Subject: Re: newbie
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 18:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
>Since I just joined the list I thought I would make a little
>introduction... My name is Mark Andrews... I'm 30 years old and live in St.
>Louis, MO, USA...  Among my cars I have a 1962 Buick Skylark  215/4-speed/4
>wheel discs/fuel injection/hi-lift full roller rockers  The car is off the
>road for now...Engine is fully rebuilt/blueprinted/balanced  Future mods
>include 5.0l from .030 over 3.9 Rover block/worked 300 crank/fully worked
>'64 300 heads/etc...  Hope to pick up some tips on mods/interchange
>parts/etc... TIA... Mark

5/26/99

Mark,

        That sounds like a very interesting car indeed.  I suspect the disc
brakes is something unfamiliar to most of us.  Since I have a '62 Olds F-85
I am planning to build an engine for, I would very much like to hear any
specifics about how this adaptation was made and what car the brakes are
from.  Front only?--or all-around?  I imagine others in the group might be
interested as well, though more have MGBs and Rovers than have
F-85/Specials.  How about giving us all a rundown on how it is done?

        You can probably find answers to most questions by just asking the
group.  When your questions are answered, the rest of us learn something as
well.  There are also web-sites, businesses, and printed information
relating to these wonderful engines.  I only know the tip of the iceberg,
though I owned my first one in late 1960, as a college student.

        Welcome to the group.  I am dying to hear the scoop on those brakes!!!

Cheers,
David Kernberger
St. Helena, California