T-5 Trannies and tailpieces

To: jimbb88@erols.com,
Subject: T-5 Trannies and tailpieces
From: Kris & Bill Wessale <wessale@iwl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:35:28 -0600
Thanks to everyone (Jim Stuart, Dave Williams, Kent Christensen, Bob Wilson,
Ted Schumacher,
Larry Hoy, Glen Wake, Steve at SSEverist,  Kevin Brown, and Vesa Konttinen)
that helped me sort
through the T-5 transmission maze.  And apologies to everyone on the list who
got tired of
seeing endless detailed questions and techincal responses.  But it was all
excellent stuff, and
you are even thinking of using a BOP215 in something, I recommend you print out
all the emails
and keep them as your personal "Tech Notes".  You can't get this info anyplace
else.

The final result for my 1968 Spitfire installation is:  1989 or newer Camaro
T-5 tranny with a
Chevy S-10 tailpiece.

As soon as I send this email I am getting on the phone to track down the T-5
tranny here in
Houston.  (Seems like a lot more fun going to junkyards than the more
traditional Christmas
shopping!)  Once I have the Camaro T-5 box, I can resume fitting it and the
engine into the
frame.  While I'm doing this, I can hunt down an S-10 tailpiece.

Thanks again, and I'll keep the List posted as I make progress -- or otherwise.
 ;)

Bill Wessale