Re: T5 prices

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: T5 prices
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:50:39 EST
My first contribution to the list, maybe this is a sign that things are
looking up.

I purchased my T-5 over the internet for  $100, plus 25 or 30 to ship it.  It
was from an 86 Camaro V6 and has an input shaft of 1" with 14 teeth.
Originally had a 9 1/8" clutch setup.  Probably not the best ratio, but for
the price, it will certainly do until I can find a cheap V8 trans.  It didn't
include a shifter, but I found a Hurst competition shifter for 50 bucks over
the internet as well.  (FWIW, both were found on www.excite.com).

As a little update for those following my conversion or at least reading my
questions.  I'm now putting my used Buick heads (thanks Dave) on my Olds F85
block.  My bellhousing arrived (thanks Mike), as did the manual trans
flywheel (Dave again) so I have most of the drivetrain now in the garage.
Hopefully, after the holidays, I'll finish buying the rest of the parts
needed.

Glenn