Re: New Motor

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Motor
From: bridgesw@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:46:51 -0500 (EST)
Yo Dan.......what a lucky find.  I don't think you are ever going to get to
drive one of these motors....too
many projects......too many detours.....chuckle.  Just for the record, if the
300 heads are close to stock
thickness, milling .060 off them will reduce the head volume from 54 cc to 43cc
and they don't  seem to suffer
any problems in normal get a little crazy driving.  I have 82K miles on the
stroker and its still running.  I
suspect the valve guides are getting a bit loose so oil consumption is a bit
high, but it still passes smog
just fine.
One of these days I will start the next motor which will be a 4.7L (3.9 & 300
crank).

Later

Wil