RE: Idea to reality

To: "Davis, Roger" <Davis.Roger@med.va.gov>,
Subject: RE: Idea to reality
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:00:42 -0400
If you expect reliability as a regular driver, I suggest an aluminum block
Chevy small block for that level of horse power. To get that from 215 CI,
you would need 11-1 compression, $1500.00 worth of head work (or more?), & a
very aggressive cam. Probably some very expensive internal parts besides.
Several people can build you the motor, I think I remember Ted at TSI saying
the factory racer TR8's were good for around 280 HP, but I wouldn't want to
try to drive one on the street. 200 HP from a 9 or 9.5-1 engine is more
reasonable & will stay together & be streetable.

On the other hand, D & D will build you a stroker 215 of around 260 CI with
that much horsepower, or you could start with a 4.6 Rover block.

Nothing wrong with a small block Ford, either.

Jim Stuart