Leaking T-10

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Leaking T-10
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:03:38 -0400
I recently found the source of my vibration that came on pretty severely
above 50mph; it turned out to be that the driveshaft has a pair of weights
welded on to balance out the tailshaft of the transmission and I had,
unknowingly bolted it on 180 out.

Unfortunately I now have a leak from the rear seal in the tranny, that may
have been caused by the vibration; can anyone advise me in what is involved
in changing the rear seal on the T-10.  It seems like if I unbolt the
tailshaft I could pry the seal out, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks
James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8