failed spiggot bush

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: failed spiggot bush
From: "Bruce Wright" <bruce@rightstrategy.com.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:28:23 +1100
I have a Rover V8 in a Triumph TR7-TR8 conversion. A few years ago I had the
motor rebuilt and stroked to 4.2 litre (from 3.5).
In about 18 months, the spiggot bush began to spin in the motor. Everyone I
asked then suggested that this happened rarely, but when it did it indicated
the spiggot had not been soaked in oil for long enough before being
installed.
A different installer, careful fitting, longer soaking in oil, same result.
I've now down just over 100,000 km since the original engine rebuild, and the
fourth spiggot bush has begun to spin.
Has anyone else had similar problems? Any ideas what could be causing it?
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
bruce