GM 4 bbl intakes

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM 4 bbl intakes
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:05:23 -0600
I have a couple of GM stock 4bbl intake manifolds that fit the 215/3.5
aluminum V8.

Each has four intake holes on the top; but one of them has smaller primary
holes and smaller secondary holes than the other.  When I compare the
intakes with the venturi holes on a Carter 400 and a Edelbrock 500 carb;
even the intake manifold with the smaller intake holes has larger holes than
the carb venturi holes. (are you still with me here?  Even if I got all that
right you might need to read it twice!)

Are there any advantages of the manifold with the larger holes; or perhaps
the manifold with the smaller holes?

Does anyone know why there is a difference?  What they may have come off of?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hoy