headlight adjustment

To: "TR8 List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: headlight adjustment
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:36:34 -0400
My one headlight has started to cycle, and I looked at the turnbuckle
linkage tonight.  I think by adjusting it, the light will press up against
the upper stop, and will not cycle.  But the manual also says to adjust the
lower stop after the linkage is adjusted.  The problem is that the lower
stop was in the proper position for the light to be flush when lowered.
Now, after the adjustment, it seems to be too high.  If only one stop can be
held, it seems the lower one should be constant, and the upper stop should
be adjusted as needed.  Am I missing something here?  Has someone else gone
thru this problem?

Thanks.

Jay Snavely
1980 TR8