Re: as ye plough

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: as ye plough
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 97 07:26:13 PST8

marc nichols <75273.2557@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>One of my earlier points is as below. I expected some ??

>I got the idea from Pat Prince @ Prince Race Car Engineering...keeper of
the >flame under Tom Robertson's venerable 7 efforts and probable 1997
run-offs >champ :-). Also, later found same point in an article by Carroll
Smith:

>Quote:

>CORNER ENTRY UNDERSTEER - car won't point in and gets progressively worse

>excessive front tire pressure

Although this can be true, more common is insufficient air pressure at the
front.  You want the sidewalls to not fall over as soon as they see a load,
so more pressure stiffens them.  On the other hand, too much pressure will
crown the tread, reducing the footprint (probably characterized by great
initial turn-in followed by insufficient traction to sustain it).

Rod Bean