Elan Chassis Numbers

To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com, "Erik Berg" <Erik.Berg@trw.com>,
Subject: Elan Chassis Numbers
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 05:35:52 PST8

>By the way, why do you suppose Enzo-antics would have been applied to
>the S1's?  What homologation agenda was relevant?  Any other
>hypotheses?

I don't think there was any attempt at homologation Enzo-antics as I
had heard that Colin didn't even care for the idea of Elans racing
(26R notwithstanding).  My understanding has always been that these
were Graham Arnold-antics for some marketing or possibly US-Federal
thwarting (more power to him if that's what it was) related purpose.

Maybe Patrick could shed some light here.  I know he has addressed the
missing Elan serial numbers before but I don't remember if the reason
was discussed.

Rod