Lotus Cortina info reqd!

To: "kitracers" <kitracers@kcbbs.gen.nz>,
Subject: Lotus Cortina info reqd!
From: "phil.bradshaw" <phil.bradshaw@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 97 20:42:07 PDT
Hi Peoples.

Apologies for this not strictly being appropriate, but I figure/hope the
pool of knowldege may be able to help me! My Supercharged Anglia project
(think of it as a Seven in a different body!) is causing me grief in the
front strut department. I want to run disc brakes. My plan was to use capri
struts that I would adapt mazda 323 vented discs on to (I know they will go
on to the wishbone type cortina hubs, and I believe the capri discs are
identical).

Trouble is, the camber set in the capri struts is such that to get 2
degrees -ve at the wheel, the tyre etc will protrude from the guards. I do
not want to flare the shell it if I can help it. I know of Consul 315
struts being used in the past, and I have heard that these are basically
what the Lotus cortina had - any ideas? Alternatively I will go with
standard mk 1 cortina struts - however after seeing an anglia with these in
the weekend it looks like the same camber problem exists. Also are Mk 1 and
mk 2 cortina struts the same? Is the 'classic' a cortina, or consul?

Anyone have any idea or experience in this area? I figure I can do some
major engineering on the capri legs and make adjustable strut tops, but the
turrets are really small so there is not a lot of space. I would like an
easy fix! (Dont't we all)

Thanx.

Phil Bradshaw
Auckland NZ

1992 Leitch Supersprint 20 Valve Lotus 7 Replica - 65,000 miles....
Anglia 105GZE Supercharged 4AGZE Clubcar Project

phil.bradshaw@clear.net.nz
64-9-4455509 W/Fax
64-9-4437055 H