ABS (nlc)

To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com
Subject: ABS (nlc)
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 97 07:56:55 PST8

     Now, while the track experience of the latest Corvette and Viper is
     still fresh in my mind, it's especially interesting to read magazine
     accounts of others' on-track impressions.  I find them generally
     agreeing with my thoughts about the prevaling characteristics of the
     two.

     But, I was reading the Autoweek Buyer's Guide and noticed the list of
     pluses and minuses for the Viper...

     The lack of ABS listed as a deficiency.

     This is curious to me since Autoweek used to be Competition Press many
     years ago, a publication which, I'm sure, would have listed the lack
     of ABS as a plus because it allows the driver to control this delicate
     aspect of performance driving, thereby enhancing the visceral
     satisfaction in getting it right.

     It makes me genuinely wonder if they would prefer operating the latest
     video game to flying a P51.

     Rod