Re: Tie-in points and methods for early Elan roll-cage

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Re: Tie-in points and methods for early Elan roll-cage
From: rpjang@juno.com (Raymond - Jang)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:38:53 -0500
Hi Phil:

Thanks for your response to my query.  I totally agree, the driving seat
and harness need to be a part of the cage structure and that's what I
plan.  I recall reading Dave Bean's newsletter about a year ago, he had
just rolled an Elan and he came to the same conclusion.  As I recall, he
observed that a simple roll bar is not enough, a cage with seat and floor
reinforcements was his next step.

Shaped the main hoop last night with a Hossfelder bender.  With the mild
steel, .095 wall tubing its a workout to bend manually and took two of us
on the end of the 7 foot lever to get it done.  We're now investigating a
hydraulic accessory to help!