Re: Let's start a discussion

To: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Let's start a discussion
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:29:03 -0700
Tony offered:
>I'd like to take this opportunity to invite all Chapman Era
>listers to return to participation on the Lotus List . . .

Well dunno about other folks around here, but I've been so
pleased with chapman-era and, lately, the Elan list, that I've
come to consider the Lotus-Cars list as not really worth the
effort.  By comparison, we've got lots of people with genuine
expertise around here, and very little bandwidth-wasting
silliness.

Tony also griped:
>The lunatic fringe faction  of the M100 owners with
>their unlearned rants and the resultant rebuttal (mostly mine ( :->  )

Tony, my only regret, has been that you've been taking most of
the flack, which certainly isn't fair.  I suppose more of us
should be participating, just for the sake of "defending the
honor of the group" or something.

But personally, I've found many of the Lotus-Cars discussions
very frustrating, and I've learned sometimes the best thing for
me to do, is not to participate.

>has brought webmaster attention to bear and Alan has banned
>FWD / RWD discussion.

Good heavens... I didn't even know that.  It seems like a radical
step to make; to ban discussion of such a fundamental issue?

What next?  Book burning?   ;-)

>It's a far better world with them gone!

Truly GONE, or just resigned to less controversial topics?

Let me know when S "bandwidth burner" B is gone.  Maybe then
I'll consider posting to  Lotus-Cars.  ;-)

Regards,
Erik "lurking only" Berg
Los Angeles