The "new" lotus-cars list

To: Elton Clark <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: The "new" lotus-cars list
From: RB <rodbean@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:24:10 -0700
Tony,

Oh but it was so much fun having you there on the front lines giving them what
for!  Now they'll feel free to go on about the M100's "superior handling"
unchallenged.

I think it's a different culture and we just aren't going to change them any
more than they'll change us (....mutter... bunch of Saab and Audi
enthusiasts...).

But you're right.  Some of those FWD-RWD engagements were more like religious
or political contests than real discussions.

I have to say that, although I don't have time to engage in very much
discussion anywhere these days, I do enjoy the subject matter and decorum of
the lotus-elan list.  And I see chapman-era as a good thing to have available
for "other" Lotus subject matter.  Just speaking for myself, I have very
little interest non-Chapman era Lotuses (Elises would be an exception but it's
so frustrating having them for all intents and purposes unavailable).

Rod