Lotus 29 photos - '63 Indy

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus 29 photos - '63 Indy
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I've uploaded three photos into my Simplesevens
directory which I hope a knowledgeable Indianapolis
500/Lotus/Dan Gurney person can help me with.

I think I have the story mostly straight, but would
love to know if anyine can identify the lesser known
(to me anyway) individuals in the photos - I can spot
Chapman, Gurney and Clark myself!

The photos are as follows:
http://www.simplesevens.com/63Indy/63Indy1.jpg
Rear detail view of Gurney's Lotus 29. This is either
the car he crashed in practice or the spare - I'm
confused on that point.

http://www.simplesevens.com/63Indy/63Indy2.jpg
Jim Clark being interviewed, I imagine before the race
- the interviewer wih the radio is probably a familiar
name, but I haven't a clue as to the face...

http://www.simplesevens.com/63Indy/63Indy3.jpg
Obviously Dan Gurney in the car and a natty Mr
Chapman... The three fellows in white appear to be
USAC officials?

The photos themselves are certainly from the 60's, are
mounted on a rigid backing and are quite large - the
ruler in the images is 18 inches.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers,
John Donohoe
SimpleSevens.com

PS - a major update to SimpleSevens is nearly
complete... stay tuned!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

///
///  chapman-era@autox.team.net mailing list