Lotus Seven B1275(?) and questions

To: lotus@se7ens.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus Seven B1275(?) and questions
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
A gentleman has sent me some photos of a Lotus Seven
Series Two (purported to be B1275) along with some
questions regarding the modifications... if you would
please have a look at the photos, then make any
suggestions, I'd love to hear the consensus...

Here's the overall view:
http://www.simplesevens.com/parepics/sevPare2.jpg
and interior:
http://www.simplesevens.com/parepics/sevPare4.jpg

In this picture
http://www.simplesevens.com/parepics/sevPare10.jpg
you'll notice that the dashboard bars have excess weld
'bulges'. It is exactly the same on the other side of
the car as well. There are a couple of other places on
the car that also have these 'bulges'.  Are these
repairs, or upgrades of some sort?

And I find it interesting that someone added upper
a-arms, but not additional usual bracing in the front
bay:
http://www.simplesevens.com/parepics/sevPare12.jpg

Any body know this car or have any thoughts to pass
along?

Thanks,
John D
simplesevens.com