Re: Starter Sticking

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter Sticking
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:30:51 -0700
Daniel,
        I've got the reverse symptom, but the same problem- my switch is worn
so the switch and tumbler aren't quite aligned right.  When my engine
catches, I have to coax the switch back just a bit to keep the car
running.
        You might have the same thing- the detents are in the tumbler housing,
so if the switch part on the back of the tumbler's not in the right
place(or that little screw that holds the two parts in place is loose)
the switch won't return to the 'run' position.  Check your switch.
        But don't electrocute yourself.   <grin>
Toby