RE: Solexes

To: "'jschmi7@us.ibm.com'" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>,
Subject: RE: Solexes
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:43:41 +1000
Hi,

Drivability is relative,  but I would get someone who knows solexes to help
jet the car at a dyno.
(maybe the local Z crowd can help as some Z's ran 3 twin solexes).

I would think that properly jetted, it should run fine.  If you have a 3.7
diff you could go to a 3.88 it would be easier to find and cheaper. Don't
froget to change the speedo sprocket on the transmission so your speedo
reads correctly . Consider headers and a larger exhaust dia.

Don't make the change unless you have the jets done properly, probably 1/2
day labour & dyno time.

Regards,

Howard Fletcher (3 solex 2000's)