Clutch Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Question
From: CBAKER6231@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 01:09:13 EDT
Eric & Toby, thanks for the suggestions on my clutch problem.  Finally had
time to mess with it this evening.  Inspected it again.  Everything looked
right and moved right.  Adjusted it way out -- still was not fully
disengaged.  Started it in gear.  It would run and I had a complete friction
point when the pedal was almost all the way up.  However, it was clearly
still "rubbing" somehow, somewhere.  Quickly started smoking from the
friction.  I guess perhaps the lining of the clutch must have started to come
apart.  I'll find out when I reluctantly pull the engine and disassemble it.
It is bothersome when the hobby begins to control life, instead of the other
way around.

Cal
Tucson 2L