finally she started

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: finally she started
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:28:53 -0500
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to report that my car is now running.  I ended up turning in
the two round nuts on the bottom of the domed half of the carbs all the
way and then turning them out about 1.5 turns.  She started after that
but it's running rough and very loud because of the new hole in my
muffler.  Now I have to re-adjust the carbs to get them running in
unisyn.  Last time I balanced the carbs this whole thing happened so
could I get some clarification on the process.  First, when you put the
Uni-syn to the carb what do you adjust to get the thing to float?  I
adjusted the little idle adjuster screw on the side of the carb last
time.  I also couldn't get the thing in the Uni-syn to float while the
engine was idling so I ended up adjusting it while the engine was at 2500
rpms.  I am now thinking, should I have adjusted the round nuts on the
bottom of the carbs where the fuel line comes in instead of the idle
adjuster screws?  Is this where I went wrong and therefore had to adjust
them at a higher rpm than idle?

Just want to make sure that I do it right this time

Thanks so much for all the replies
Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, Mn