Parts wanted and Solex questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts wanted and Solex questions
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:14:14 -0700
Is the little flexible hose connecting the oil pressure line to the
engine block
available for purchase?  Is so, where and how much?

Calvin Baker asked the following about Solexes, and I asked about some
tuning, but his question is exactly the problem I'm currently having.
So, I repost them in the hopes that someone will post an answer.

> 3) I'm slowly on getting them tuned (they sat for a long time without
being
> used).  I assume the initial hesitation on hard acceleration calls for
new
> accelerator pump diaphram?

The PO of the car said the carbs were recently rebuilt, so I hadn't even
thought
of the accelerator pump diaphram.  According to the Solex book I have,
bogging
down on hard acceleration could be due to jets that are too large.

Can someone with Solex experience please either point us in the right
direction
for something to read or tell us what we need.

Thanks,
t.hutt@worldnet.att.net