2L Valve/Piston Clearance

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2L Valve/Piston Clearance
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:44:41 -0500
Hey All-
I'm looking for some advice on my 69 2L head.  The head has been set on the
block and the timing has been set (without head gasket).  As of right now
there is only .005 valve/piston clearance.  I'm getting molding clay tonight
and will double check tomorrow morning.  I was reading earlier posts that
noted that .090 was the beginning acceptable range for the pushrod 1600.  Is
this going to hold true for the 2L also?  It also mentioned that the head
gasket adds about .060?

If this is a definite problem, as I fear it is, what solutions are there.
Thanks for the advice as I don't want any "custom" valve reliefs added to my
new pistons upon initial start up!!  :-)

Thanks!

Nathan