Re: Floor Rust & Sounddeadening

To: daniel@seaport.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor Rust & Sounddeadening
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:36:13 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/99 8:33:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
daniel@seaport.net writes:

<< In the process, of removing and replacing a heater core, I have decided to
 pull the carpet, fill the rain holes and add some sounddeadening.

 First, I have a 1/2" hole through the floor in one spot (that I know of).
 Would it be best to cut the hole out and fill with a comparable sized rubber
 plug?  Or is there a another option, without welding.

 Second, what is the best type of sounddeadening to put under the carpet?
 Dynamatt?

 The carpet lays into place nicely now.  Should I bother to "tack it" in
 place with a carpet glue? >>

Some of the holes in the floor are meant to be drain holes...so it might be a
bad idea to plug them. If there are any holes you want to plug, a rubber plug
will probably do fine. I've received messages in the past from people who
have done anything from welding them up, to using metal plugs stuck on with
sealant. I'm sure any of that will work. But don't forget to leave at least
one drain hole!
Re: the sound deadening...Gordon G. is using a layer of neoprene I think
under his panels, and his car is one of the most quiet, rattle-free roadsters
I've ever ridden in!

Van