Re: Cruising Speed & Alignment

To: Ron & Julie Edgar <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Cruising Speed & Alignment
From: "John E. Stromgren" <jstromgr@sqi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:26:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 24 May 1999, Ron & Julie Edgar wrote:

> . . . [the car] is a hoot to drive and at 45 to 55 its one hand and relaxed.
> At 70 its two hands and not relaxed which on a long trip could prove very
> tiring and frustrating.  Feed back please.

Ron:

That's not been my experience.  I've taken my car from Seattle to the Bay area
twice now (900 miles one way), and high speeds have not presented any handling
problems.

It makes me think there's more play to your front end than you can detect in
just the steering and tie-rod measurements.  I didn't see mention of front
suspension work (A-joints, ball joints, etc.) on your web page.  With the front
end up can you grab the wheel and feel play?

Ross Mullen told me I had one of the tightest front ends he'd felt in a
roadster.  That's just lucky for me, I guess, since I've only had the car for a
year.  The PO must have looked after it.

That's my guess.  You'll undoubtedly get more responses from folks more
knowledgable than I!

Best wishes,

-John
John E. Stromgren