Re: An upper control arm suspension question.

To: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: An upper control arm suspension question.
From: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:14:45 -0400
Ted -

You were lucky to find this before it found you!

Just a guess, but I would guess that the original, tapped holes on the
control arm were stripped out at some point, after which the PO took the
path of least resistance, going for the through-bolt and nut approach.
Clearance may have been better with the orientation you found.

- Bob Mann, '69 2000 Solex

--
- R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >  Airline Industry Analysis
  Port Washington, NY  11050  >  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280