Re: Driving cross-country...hints/tips?

To: <DemonTSi@aol.com>, "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving cross-country...hints/tips?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:03:36 -0500
>Hey guys, my friend is gonna be doing a x-country drive from new haven, CT
>the bay area, CA after her graduation. I was wondering if anyone who's made
>such a trip (tom p??) could part with some advice on what route to take,
>things to look out for, cool spots to check out, etc...? I appreciate the
>help. I'm still looking forward to making my x-country trip sometime soon!

I've got an older version of AutoMap, but it looks like there are two
fairly direct routes and any number of variations. The only traveling
we've ever done from the NE was back to Texas from DC. Going west we
either use I20/I10 if going to the SoCal area or I40 for NorCal. We much
prefer I40 as it's more picturesque that I10 (IMHO) and takes you past
the Grand Canyon, a must see if you haven't been there already.

The more direct northern route on I80 goes through Chicago, Omaha, Salt
Lake City and Reno. Could be very hot, very soon, acknowledging that
there probably isn't a cool routing this time of year unless you go north
and across Canada.<G> I have no experience with this route at all, but
hopefully some of the other folks do.

I'd say a big factor in deciding is how much time can be taken for the
trip. If possible stop and enjoy the sights no matter which way you go.
THis is a BIG country with lots to see and enjoy.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)