two questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: two questions
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:38:59 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions.

 First with all this talk about steering, I thought I'd check my
(steering box?) oil.  I looked at it and can't figure out how to open the
filler plug.  What size is it?  Do you just us a socket and rachet with a
long extender?

Second one is what size are the screws that hold the tops of the carbs
on.  I believe that both sides of the carbs use the same size.  I went to
the hardware store and I found a metric one very close (don't remember
the size) but it was a little too big.

Oh, another thing.  How much would you expect a place to charge to put on
a muffler and resonator tip.  I checked out one place and the guy gave me
an estimate without looking under the car of $50-60.  That might have
included a custom tailpipe too, I'm not sure. I didn't quite catch
everything he said.  I'll have the muffler and resonator soon so I just
need them installed.

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600 (with a '70 back-end I believe)
Zimmerman, Mn