Gasket set leftover

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasket set leftover
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:08:41 -0500
Hey all-

I'm getting ready to FINALLY button up the complete rebuild on my 69 2L.
Most of the mind bending and time consuming work has been from trying to
repair all the cobbled work and damage caused by the PO during his TWO
rebuilds in the cars 48,000 miles.  Definitely a learning experience though!

This is my question:  I'm down to final stages of the rebuild-just having to
only bolt on the accesories.  All the gaskets have been accounted for EXCEPT
a small copper ring.  It appears to be a crush ring and is about the size of
a penny.  I don't recall finding one during tear down but like I mentioned
that means nothing with this motor, as although it was running, it was much
less than complete.

The GOAL is to install the motor this w/end and maybe even fire it.  Somehow
my ambitions many times are FAR from reality so I'll let you know how it
goes.

Thanks for all the advice these past few weeks-it has undoubtably saved LOTS
of time!

Thanks again

Nathan