Oil filter mount

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filter mount
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:24:54 -0500
I've been reading the archives regarding oil filter options.  Seems that
there are MANY options.
I have a FRAM PH3639 which is supposedly "prefered" filter  and also have
the PH8 which is supposed to fit also.  When I test fit these filters it
appears I am getting very few threads on the oil filter mount.  If I recall
correctly, the shaft has @ least 6 threads.  I am only catching 1 1/2 or
maybe 2 at the most.  When I place the filter on the mount, the gasket
almost touches the base before I even start threading it on.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, is there an acceptable filter
that protrudes more at its base so I can catch a few more threads?  I have
tried three different filters and all have the same problem.  The oil filter
mount appears unaltered.

Thanks

Nathan
69 2L  (almost there!)