Brake Master ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master ?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 03:20:33 EST
Hello,

I was wondering if it is common or not for a master to go bad in less than
two years.  It was a new Nissan Product with less than 15,000 miles.  The
fluid has always been clean.

The symptom thgat I have is that when I pump on the brakes I get alittle
pressure.  Alittle pressure means that the pedal doesn't touch the floor.
But if I apply constant pressure the pedal eventually hits the floor.  I also
noticed that when I pump the pedal there is movment in the rear brake fluid
reservoir.  Not bubbles.  Just movement.  This doesn't happen to the front
reservoir.  I will be replacing with a new Nissan product again tomorrow.  Is
my old unit a candidate for a rebuild kit.  It still looks new on the
outside.  I cant imagine it being that far gone on the inside.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francsico, Ca