Re: Stereo help?

To: Greg Wolff <greg_wolff@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stereo help?
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:51:35 -0600
The stock radio was a mono radio.  The speaker was down behind the triangle
brace, under the
dash on the passanger's side in a box bolted to the firewall.

I have a 67.5 and the PO had butchered the dash putting in a manual tune radio,
so I didn't
have any problems with the idea of cutting the dash out some more.  I found a
Sony, removable
face stereo/CD player at the local Sony outlet for $120.  It is a DIN size
unit, 45 Watts x 4.
If you leave the mounting sleeve off the radio the radio will JUST fit in the
location of the
original.  I fabricated a couple of triangular shaped brackets that screwed
into the sides of
the stereo and into the rear edges of the dash to hold the rear of the unit.
It works great
and have not had any skips, even on rough roads.

I mounted some 4.5" speakers in the triangles under the dash, and a pair of
5.5" speakers in
the holes just behind the doors.  The front set is 2 way and the rear set are 3
way.  Sound
is better than I expected whit wind and engine noise.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Hardware Guru
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885, UUCP:cs.utexas.edu!horne