The journey (for me anyway) starts Saturday

To: "'datsun-roadster@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadster@autox.team.net>
Subject: The journey (for me anyway) starts Saturday
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:06:42 -0800
Hi folks,

Saturday will be a special day for me as I rescue  my "new" car from its
prison where it has sat for almost five years! The prison is actually the
garage of the former owner and I am meeting him there to settle up and do
the paperwork. Next, a flat bed tow will come and take the car to CDM to
begin its long road back to restoration.

It will be along trip (meaning the restoration- I live 65 miles from CDM).
But as I look at it now, as bad as it looks, I see the car it will be
someday. Do you remember the first time you saw your car? Some were bought
new, others inherited, others rescued from junk yards. It didn't really
matter did it? Something about these cars get under your skin. They just
aren't like any other car you own. Even the engines are cool. A lot more fun
than the straight six I cut my teeth on.

So when my non-running, bad paint job, no interior having, no driver side
window and non roadster seat hulk gets towed down to CDM, I don't think I
would be happier than if I drove a shiny new car off of a dealer's lot.

I think you can relate.

Andy
SRL311-00489