Re: family/2 v 4 dr & kids.

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: family/2 v 4 dr & kids.
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:30:13 -0600
Until recently 510 wagons were relatively neglected, but they're rapidly
gaining in popularity and getting harder to find. The 4-doors have always
been popular, particularly among the rally folks. Our first 510, bought
new in '71 to go with our '70 2000, was a four door. Getting our oldest
in and out was much easier than it would have been in a two door.

In the sedans at least, there's an extra set of threaded seat belt holes
under the back seat ideally placed for a center seat belt. Until our
second son came along we put our oldest son in the middle of the back
seat. More space between him and the sides that way.

BTW, on a smooth course a wagon can handle just about as well as the
sedans, although I'm sure they carry some weight penalty. There were
several wagons at Thunderhill in July that held their own very well.
Bigger L-series and some swaps, too.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com