Re: Electrical Wiring

To: walter@omni.sps.mot.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical Wiring
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:46:35 EST
Besides words of wisdom from Tom, and much studying of
the diagram, I found it was helpful to take careful inventory of
all loose wires and make logical guesses of where they might go.
For example, I had 2 strays under the hood and when
I eventually found the reverse switch of the 5 spd with the
wires cut off, I said "hmmmm".  After I figured out the 4 strays
on the back of the car (all at different places in the harness???)
or in any event that 2 were to the licence plate light, that left
2.  'Hmmmmm"    ......soldered 2 wires to the b/u switch,
ran them to the 2 under the hood, hooked up a small test
light to the 2 remaining strays out back, and shifted to
reverse....nothing.  Turned the key on, and we have
a reverse light.  Hooorah.  I only have 3 strays
left, and I think they all go to the stuff in the console,
which is not there yet, and the clock, which dosnt have
a wire on it.  Just a question of which is which.
Raining lots here
Jim
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L