Air boxes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Air boxes
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:00:17 -0800
Hello All,
        I wanted to bring up the subject of making an airbox for the
roadster.  I had posted to the list about how all the 510 guys had them with
a big tube leading to a little K&N air filter out in front of the rad. I guess
its
sorta a cold air induction system?? Remember??
        Everybody said that if you do that you have to cut the back of the
box up to make sure the rear carb was not seeeing more pressure.
        My question is why does the rear carb see more pressure??
If you have ever looked at a modern inline four motorcycle they have seperate
carbs for each cylinder and they look darn like the solex's..four little air
horns
right in a row.. But they are fed by one airbox.  ONe sealed airbox.  This
airbox
must make the carbs see equal pressure.  WOuld it not be possible to do the
same thing to a roadster???
        Do you see where I am going with this?? Make the airbox thing work
and then upstream of the airbox add one of those new style belt driven
superchargers.....and away I go.....

        Boy this years AnchorSteam Xmass Ale is really really good...

                Daniel 69 2000-
                SF CA