Re: u-20 and 5speed mount in '67 1600

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <MMccaf8697@aol.com>
Subject: Re: u-20 and 5speed mount in '67 1600
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:44:04 -0600
Mark-
Good news is you don't have to fabricate one nor do you have to pull the
motor.  I am doing this currently and upon the advice of the list, I slid
the original 1600 mount down one set of holes.  This brace sits directly
infront of the "X" on the bottom side of the frame.  This leaves only four
bolts holding the mount in rather than eight but with the limited amount of
rigor the rear mount takes, this shouldn't be a problem.  After doing this,
I noticed that the original brace hung about 1 1/2" -2" below the frame.  I
am not familiar with what others have done but I did cut the bottom half of
the brace off to eliminate it from dragging on anything.
I would look underneath yours to determine if this brace is present.  With
parts in hand, it should take only a few minutes to install.  If the brace
is there, I would check to see if the motor mount itself wasn't rotted or
broken.  Best of luck!

Nathan
Question: