Re: u-20 flopping around

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: u-20 flopping around
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:47:41 -0800
Mark,
        If you're REALLY missing the rear support, the transmission will be
sitting, loose, on the frame, and that would be pretty darn noisy.
Jack the car up, support it securely, and take a look- the support will
attach to the frame, from below, and be easy to see. The big rubber
mount sits on top of that.
        It's likely that the mount's perished from ingesting oil, loose, OR
that your engine mounts are dying or loose- that lets the whole
driveline walk all over.  All are pretty easy to change with standard
tools and a jack- you don't have to remove the engine or take much
apart.  One engine mount's a challenge, but possible...
Toby