Re: 5 speed tranny on an R16

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed tranny on an R16
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:46:48 -0800
David,
        the 5-speed will bolt right up to the R16, no hassles.
        Rebuilding a rusted engine is easy- take the block to a machinist, and
have them do a 'cleanup' bore on it.  If the rust is too deep, they'll
tell you and only charge a few bux (maybe 35) for the effort.  Do this
BEFORE you get pistons, then once they've cut the rust away, they'll
tell YOU what size to get to fill the holes!   But it's a job for a
machinist, 'cause there'll be rust pits where the rings were sitting...
Toby