Re[4]: Roadster Owners Manual

To: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Subject: Re[4]: Roadster Owners Manual
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:32:51 -0800
Hi Tom,

I know the feeling, a lot of us do likewise for perceived riches. I sold
Cisco when it doubled, for quick profits. My wife (smart lady) told me
to buy it back. By the time I did, it quadrupled. Fortunately it kept
going up. What's worse is that I've worked on Cisco routers since the
early 90's and didn't invest until last year.

In the early 70's I sold my immaculate low-mileage 57 Chevy 2-dr coupe
instead of the Datsun roadster, because I thought the roadster would be
worth more later. That common-place 57 is now worth ten times the
roadster. Crazy.

I missed out on the PC riches. In the late 70's I gave away my Apple
software that I wrote, for free, and joined up with mainframe companies.
Some of the guys I knew, like Andy Hertzfeld, are now
multi-millionaires.

Now I just chuckle about it all, no regrets! Drive around in a Rolls and
miss the adrenaline rush of driving (and fixing) a Datsun roadster? No
way!

Cheers also, and enjoy the ride,
Fred