Re: Installing Stans brake brace

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing Stans brake brace
From: STAN CHERNOFF <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:34:16 -0800
Dan,

I use a Snap-On 3/8 drive 1/2" flex socket and an extension and a 3/8 drive
ratchet.  This is exactly the same procedure you would use to remove the
master cylinder except that you don't remove the upper nut and washer.  The
original bolt will rotate if the firewall is badly cracked and it is then
necessary to have someone hold the bolt head from inside the passenger
compartment.  The replacement bolt on the brace will not rotate under
normal circumstances.

You may also find a wrench to break the nut loose and then undo it with
your fingers if the threads are clean.

Stan