Solex questions..help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex questions..help
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:41:41 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I need some help from the Solex people out there.
Last night my complete ignorance of almost everything solex was very apparent.
So I ahve a 'few' questions.
        1. How do you get to those damn lower bolts that hold the air cleaner
base on??
        2. any tips on tuning them would be greatly appreciated.. good trick
to get them balanced?? Anything to really watch out for?? Is the procedure
in the manual any good??
        3.  I hear that lots of people just use two aircleaner elments to
get the cars to breath better.. the captured bolt is not long enough to do
this?? How does this work exactly??
        4. Why does Nissian use soft brass screws to hold the covers on?? The
screws on mine are really close to having striped heads.. Is there a suitable
replacement??
        5. Man these things are different than the SU's any adivice on what to
watch out for because of my SU mindset??

        any help would be greatly appreciated,
                thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA