Re: ENGINE STARTED!!!! RATTLE RATTLE CHUNK CHUNK!!! OH-NOOooo (kinda lon

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ENGINE STARTED!!!! RATTLE RATTLE CHUNK CHUNK!!! OH-NOOooo (kinda long)
From: "Ben Zech" <motormite@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:21:23 GMT
Daniel: Sorry to hear about the setback.
After reading this I got to thinking.
I plan on running an electric fan on my 1.6 when I put it back in.
Question to you and everyone?
Since I plan on running electric fan, can I eliminate the O.E. fan setup
completely?
Would a push type (electric) fan be better to use, or the pull type?

Daniel, hope you have better luck next time.

"Happy Holidays"

>VERY loudly now… I look down at the rad and… Geez I forgot to tighten the
>waterpump pulley and it has come askew and is
>Taking chunks out of my electric fan cover!!!!!!  'Darn!!', I yell.. ( yea
>right)  The bolts that hold the pulley to the pump are to long
>To tighten it down with out the fan there… Shoot!! I can not get the old
>screws out cause the fan is blocking it…..I am going to have
>To buy smaller screws and I am going to have to remove the rad to do it!!!!
>       Everything else seems to check out I did not miss anything else but
>this
>and now I have to pull the rad to fix it!!!! Darn!!!
>
>       But at least it started… that's a start right???
>                       Daniel 69 2000

BZ/NC/SPL/SRL
motormite@hotmail.com