IT WORKS IT WORKS!!! Woo-hoooo!!!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: IT WORKS IT WORKS!!! Woo-hoooo!!!!!
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:11:28 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I am very happy to report that I fixed a couple of things on the car
and got it to start yesterday.. After messing with the timing, I thought I
was going to have to advance the dist one tooth.  Remember when using a
fancy advance timging light the 0 deg mark will line up not the 35 deg mark..
duh..
        Once the timingn was set and I turned the idle down onthe solex's..
it idled pretty good... Just about as smooth as my old badly leaking throttle
shafts su's!! Let the car idle for a while while I chekc for leaks weird
noises..etc..everything seemed okay... My temp gauge does not work though..
Irene helped me put the hood back on and we were ready to take it for a
spin...then we looked at the clock and realized Irene was late for work..
Had to drop everything and hustle her to work. She was so bummed about not
being able to go for the first test drive.
        Got back home and took her out for a easy drive around the
hood.  New clutch feels weird.. It grabs so well that I keep stalling
out the engine in first.. Solexs sound mean and my leaky exhaust header
flange sounds even meaner....Car seems nice and powerful didnt take the
revs abouve 5000 though.
        Wow it has some quirks that need to be ironed out but I am pretty
impressed nonetheless.  For a car where I didnt check the valves or adjust
the carbs it ran pretty good.
        I can't wait till I feel confident enough inthe engine to really
push it.
                        Daniel 69 2000

Ah happy and content again I got my roadster back!!!!