Clutch Adjustment questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Adjustment questions
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:17:15 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        Ihave some questions on my new clutch. I have installed a new
clutch setup bearing-disk-pressure plate clutch slave the works.  I have
adjsuted the free play on the clutch slave between the lever coming
out of the trans and the nut on the slave rod to 1/8".  I believe that I have
burped the system. The clutch engages well and I have no trouble gettng into
any of the gears but...
        The clutch disengages/engages right near the floor.  I have to put the
pedal all the way to the floor to disengage and then let up only a couple of
inches and it engages again.  Is this correct for a new clutch?? What did I do
wrong??  Also, the hpedal does not feel as stiff as I thought it would??
                thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000