Uh-oh leaky rear main..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Uh-oh leaky rear main..
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:28:33 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        After running the car for a while in the garage I noticed a good
sized fresh engine oil slick. It looked like it was coming from the rear
main area..... I tok the car out for a spin and now it is not anywhere
near like it was.  Over night a couple of drops on the ground.  Could
the raer main just of needed to 'swell' to seal??  I jacked the car up
and went looking... Good thing I painted the engine block/oil pan
shiny black!!! Makes it impossible to see anything.  Well looky here I am
missing an oil pan bolt, how did I miss that... And it appears that there
is fresh oil right in this area....Hmmmmm Could missing one bolt actually
cause the pan to leak??
        Boy I hope that its not the rear main..lots of you told me to
replace it just to be sure... BUt I said to myself, 'the engine was just
rebuilt it'll be fine'. Wow hope I don't havea to eat that crow.

        Does anybody know what the bolt size is for the oil pan??

                thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000
                        SF CA