carbs

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carbs
From: Chris Lyon <croxx@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:29:40 -0600
Okay heres the the 100 dollar question, this is twice in one week. I
start my car and it sounds like it's runnning on two
cylinders. I know it's not, the engine just got rebuilt but the carbs
did'nt. should I re builb them. I ve taken them apart and
everyting looks alright, the other day same problem. the guy who rebuilt
it, and I, spent like an hour trying to fix it with the mix
and the idle. The needle is clean. We finally fixed it by replacing the
spark plugs. So great for two days, then I start Leyla and
the same problems.Too rich for sure but what can I do? I tapped it
according to Tom's rule and no effect, to get them rebuilt
here in town is way expensive but, i havent callled around on my own
yet. My car should be running like a horse, afer the time
and parts, so I really need to fix this. Any advice would definatly be
appreciated. i have some solexs but I think that if  I  can't
get the Su's I have no chance with the Solex's.

 I got some pictures up on the Datsun page of my new site. pictures of
the 1600 are still to come,..
Chris Lyon
http://croxx.home.texas.net
69'2000