Newbie Question ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie Question ?
From: "David A. Fox" <dafox1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:28:32 EST
A little history (I'll be brief)

As I was growing up in PA my Aunt and Uncle used to race Datsuns in SCCA
competition.  She drove a Datsun 1200; He drove a SRL 2000 and a 510 -I have
no idea what years they were.

Anyway back in '85 I bought a 69 SRL 2000 from a college kid in Phoenix, it
wasn't what you'd call a head turner but I wanted one because my Uncle used
to race one.  I proceeded to do some superficial cleanup and restoration
work on it [as much as my pockets would allow].  Then I went overseas and
the car sat in my mom's garage.

I am just now starting to resurrect it yet again.  The car is in resonably
good condition and runs pretty well.  Some of you responded to my question a
couple of weeks ago about rear brake cylinders.  The responses were great
and I was able to track down a pair of Datsun OEM brake cylinders.  The car
should be humming around very soon, and more importantly STOPPING!

So now for the newbie questions...  What does BADROC & TDROC stand for?
Also, what are some of the key things I need to look for/be aware of as I
try to bring this car up to cherry condition?  I do know I need a Valve
Train Cover.  The one on the car was cracked at the front, probably a broken
timing gear/chain sometime in its past.  I had the cover heli-arced to keep
it from leaking but it isn't very attractive to look at.  Nissan did a
search and was unable to come up with one.  Any help out there?

I'll be scanning some pics soon and will post so as to give ya'all a better
idea of what I'm working with - its a keeper (but then everything has its
price).

By the way -- Great discussion threads on this list.  Its nice to see an
active list where folks don't get flamed for asking questions.

Blue Skies & Calm Waters,  (I Skydive & SCUBA)
DAFox